11/02/2010

9 Works Theatrical's RENT reruns?


"...My manager, Arnold [Vegafria] talked with them and they discussed my schedule, because I'm already committed to two stage plays. I'll be doing The Wedding Singer and Rent on December and February. Hindi naman nagkaroon ng conflict so walang naging problema." 
- Gian Magdangal c/o PEP.ph

The December staging will be in Power Plant cinema and on February, at the CPR Auditorium, RCBC. Oh wow. I actually liked 9 Works' RENT, a restage would be fine. But you know, watching the last Broadway performance on DVD is better, and cheaper. For I find no much difference from the Broadway production, if there is, it's very unnoticeable. Everyone's take on their roles are the same. But, anyway, I'm still watching the rerun to find out the changes and all. Also, I demand cheaper tickets, okay? It's so expensive, I remember spending 1,500 for a loge seat, but when it comes to Atlantis, 1,500 is orchestra center na.

Oh, Jori and I talked about (in Facebook) if Carla Guevarra-Laforteza could still reprise her role in the reruns. Especially in December where she might just come from labor and in February where she's doing "Breakups and Breakdowns" of Upstart Productions. If she can't, who could replace her?

Check out my review of 9 Works Theatrical's RENT.

*I still wonder why it's "9"?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. HI Ching! Sorry, but I wont be doing the December rerun. I will however to the Feb rerun at certain performances as it will be showing simultaneously with Breakups and Breakdowns. =D

    xoxo
    CGL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carla - Ooh, I wonder who will temporarily replace you. I might "just" catch the February one, I want to see your awesome "Over the Moon" again. :) Congrats on Baby Oreo!

    ReplyDelete